12 January 2008

Cleared!

So I went to the doctor today and everything is okie dokie. He does want me to try the armour thyroid out for another month and if this isn't keeping me steady then he's going to switch me back to synthroid. I don't quite know yet how I feel about that. I really was hoping that I could be on the armour and it would coax my thyroid into more normal function and I could cut back or eliminate the need for meds.

Instead, I'm all over the board. One week my thyroid is high, the next week its low. They are having a really hard time keeping it regulated so I'm going to just keep on with the armour and if its not better in a month, I'm going to go ahead and switch to Synthroid.

Sometimes my armour dosage will be really high and I'll lose weight like crazy and then I go get blood drawn and they adjust my meds and boom I'll gain ten pounds. It's too depressing and just causing me to not be able to get this under control.

Anyway, I'm excited that everything else is cleared up! Woo Hoo!

No comments: