09 December 2007

Honestly

It is my personal belief that there is simply not enough honesty in the world. Or maybe just my world...that's a possibility.

Regardless, I find myself caught between people who can tell the truth but won't and people who can't tell the truth to save their souls.

For example:

I have a friend who is currently lying her fool head off about something that happened because she doesn't want to hurt the other person by telling them the truth. In my opinion you do far more damage by lying to someone about something that happened instead of just fessing up to the truth. Why is it not worth it for people to tell the truth about something? Wouldn't you want the truth told to you?

Another example:

I have a friend who told someone a lie which was hurtful to them to avoid telling them the truth because she thought the truth would be much more hurtful. Yeah if you're confused on that one you're not alone there. Tell a lie that hurts because it hurts less than the truth?

Noooo tell the truth that hurts and if they get over it they get over it.

I would rather have the truth. I'll take the truth and hurt over it any day. If you think you are sparing me by lying, you're not. I am much more hurt by people who lie to me than I am by people who tell me the truth.

No comments: