05 January 2009

What defines Family?

It is funny to me, how you find out who your "true" family is when the stress hits the fan. Most members of my family are pretty predictable, could be my psych degree, but doubtful. You can predict who will fall apart who will pick up the pieces who doesn't cry until nobody is watching who cries because it makes them the center of attention…

 

I can tell you who will be there for me, who won't. Who will add to stress, who will run from it. I can't tell you where I fit in there, I'm one of the "don't cry don't cry" people. For some reason crying makes me feel really vulnerable. I'd almost rather someone piss me off so I don't have to feel like crying. Thank God I can always count on someone in my family to be the one pissing me off, lol.

 

Anyway, just spent some time with my family, I don't want to go into details because its not fair to them half of them don't know about this blog and cannot defend themselves. Suffice to say, you heard it here first.

 

There are members of my family that I am so disappointed in right now. They really had the chance to step up to the plate and they either are or were so wrapped up in their own bullshit they completely missed the mark. My respect for some of them will never be the same.

 

I'll wait and see how it plays out, but I just can't see them pulling themselves out of this…

 

No comments: