14 September 2008

Changing plans

For the most part, when I make plans, I keep them. Lately though, I've found that I'm much more flexible when it comes to plans. Especially life plans. I used to plan out my 5yr, 10yr, etc plan and I'd pretty much feel like a failure if I didn't follow it.

 

I think as I age I realize that I don't have to follow my plans to the letter in order to be a success. I'm working my butt off to get through school and thinking I may not do grad school right away, because things are going pretty good for me professionally right now. There really isn't much need for me to go to grad school. I get to where I think its pretty selfish of me to go to grad school when I could be focusing on my career and doing much more…then I think of course I could do more with a grad degree and grad school is much easier than undergrad…as far as time commitment goes.

 

So I'm thinking on these things. I'll still be applying to all of the grad schools I've picked out and still hoping to get accepted, but if I don't, maybe that's God's way of saying that I shouldn't go..at least not right away.

 

Regardless, I feel like a lot of pressure is off. I don't have to stress over getting in or not getting in. If I do, I do and I'll gladly go. If I don't, I don't and that's okay too.

 

No comments: